Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Healing I

Healing The Pain:
You can’t change anything overnight. It may take months or even years to cope with the denial and the realization of the heart of your pain. For instance, I know I have a lot of issues with my biological mother and my late father’s side of the family. The first step, I had to take was identify that I had a problem to myself and then to others. Just a month ago when I was having an emotional breakdown. I then proceeded to tell my mother how I really felt about the way she treated me in the past. By expressing that pain to her it opened up a lot of unresolved issues from my past.
So, don’t think its going to stop at the first attempt. There is probably more turmoil underneath the surface down to the roots of your soul. Telling her the pain I felt didn’t stop her from trying to deny the notions I made, but at least she knew and I didn’t have to hold on to the burden of suppressing those feeling any longer. Most of the time the person you are confronting will try to make you believe they didn’t do anything to you or you just need to get over it. Well, that’s exactly what your trying to do, but what you have to remember is this they don’t have control over you. You can only tell yourself how to heal from the pain they inflicted on you. They have no voice!!! No say what so ever on the actions you take by confronting them to heal your wounds. Don’t hold back let them know the full extinct of the damage they've done. You’ve held on too long its time to let it go!!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl are you somewhere Inside my heart with a pen?? I'm going through the same thing. Confronting my mom and she denies everything. I totally can sympathize with u.

    ReplyDelete